
So I've been a little behind taking pictures of Una and when I do, it seems to take me even longer to go through them and post some. This is a cute one of her from the other weekend playing peek-a-boo under the table.
Una has grown so much since her first birthday. It's been the most unbelievable part of the parenting process for me... she wakes up doing something new everyday. She can now communicate with shakes of the head or hand gestures. She's starting to mimic our words (getting her to do it twice in a row has yet to happen) and she's proven to be the master manipulator of smiles. If she does something wrong she will pause and then make direct eye contact with a huge grin. If you don't smile, she will come in closer until you do. It's hard to explain but Jesse and I have yet to get through one of these without braking down. Once you start laughing she celebrates and moves on.

She is extremely active. If she's not moving, she's sleeping. Something Una seems really to enjoy is dancing. I've also noticed she claps whenever rap music comes on. I will work on getting some video to post - it's adorable. She recently graduated from the Silver to the Green room at her daycare, Escuelita Del Alma. The school had each class perform a song. They played a Mexican song about wearing black because the singer was sad he couldn't get his way. They basically just stood on stage and stared at the audience (or some would just ball). Every once in awhile Una would start to dance and everyone would clap but then she would get distracted and just stare.

We've also been forced to remove wheat and diary from her diet (for now - pending allergy testing coming up in September). You really can't appreciate a solid poo until you've been cleaning up slop for 2+ months and of course trying to cure diaper rash after diaper rash. Although I have a feeling she could eat some diary we're not going to mess with what seems to be working.

As for the beast in my belly, the pregnancy has been going really well. Tomorrow we have our 3D/4D ultrasound which I will post a movie/images from. My gut still tells me it's a girl but Jesse seems sure it's a boy. The baby is very active!! I've been much more tired this pregnancy with difficulties sleeping but besides that they seem to be very similiar which is a good thing. Little to no discomfort.
No comments:
Post a Comment