Tuesday, October 6, 2009


With the impending arrival of Baby Dos I've become a bit nostalgic of Una's first couple weeks/months of life. This happened to coincide with my cell phone being overloaded with many pics and videos from that time period so I thought I would share a couple. 

The first photo is of Una sleeping in the hospital bed with me. I took this photo to better remember an epiphany I had during her slumber: Without a doubt, I've known her my whole life and we cannot be separated, not even through death. She is the most familiar thing I have ever experienced. This was a reunion. 

The second is a classic Una poo face that she still has and I still love. It has progressed to some squatting and grunting which is also a fun development! Growing up in a family that prides themselves on potty humor, the more I can laugh at pooping the better!

The third one I love because it reminds me just how strenuous the first couple of months were for her. Una had a really difficult time in her "forth trimester". You can really see the exhaustion in her face. Our fingers are crossed that Baby Dos will find being a newborn much easier.

No comments: